What is a bridge?
A dental bridge is one of the options we provide at Niles Dental to replace your missing teeth. A bridge can be used to replace a single missing tooth or a couple of teeth that are missing in a row. This type of restoration is composed of three main components:
- A pontic, or artificial tooth, that replaces the missing tooth
- Two dental crowns, which are placed on the neighboring teeth called abutment teeth. These crowns hold the pontic in place. If there are not two healthy teeth adjacent to the gap, we can alternatively use dental implants to anchor the bridge.
A bridge is a fixed (non-removable) restoration that is very stable and natural looking.
Do I need a bridge?
Our dentists may suggest a dental bridge for your smile if you are interested in a fixed, secure replacement for one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge in Woodbridge, Virginia, can improve your smile by:
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position
- Relieving excessive, uneven stress on the bite
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
- Improving your ability to properly chew, eat, and speak
We welcome you to call or visit our office today to learn more about bridges and to schedule your consultation with Dr. Niles and Dr. Niles-Smith.