Dental bonding is the process Dr. Niles and Dr. Niles-Smith use to attach materials directly to a tooth to improve the color or shape. The tooth enamel is fused with the bonding material, which may be porcelain or resin, to create a strong restoration that feels like your original tooth.
What are the benefits of dental bonding?
– Unlike some dental restorations, dental bonding does not have to be manufactured in a lab
– Dental bonding can usually be completed in one office visit unless several teeth are being treated
– Unless dental bonding is being used to fill a cavity, anesthesia is usually not needed
Do bonded teeth need special care?
No. All you need to do is practice proper oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. Visit Niles Dental at least twice a year for your professional dental cleanings.
When is dental bonding used?
Our dentists may recommend dental bonding in Woodbridge, Virginia, to:
– Repair tooth decay (bonding material is used to fill cavities)
– Repair cracked or chipped teeth
– Beautify discolored teeth
– Close gaps between teeth
– Lengthen teeth
– Improve the shape of teeth
– Protect tooth root’s if the gums recede
How long does dental bonding last?
The lifetime of dental bonding varies based on how much bonding was done on the tooth and your dental habits. Generally, the bonding material lasts from three to ten years before needing to be touched up or replaced.
We encourage you to contact our dental office today to learn more about dental bonding and to schedule a consultation.