If you are looking for a professional cleaning solution for your teeth and gums, Niles Dental has a wonderful team highly skilled in providing our patients with the pinnacle of oral health care. However, a professional cleaning is only necessary a few times a year, and thus it falls to each individual patient to transfer their skills and services onto their teeth for daily oral health care habits.
Here is a list of the 3 effective daily oral health care habits that you can do that are safe and effective:
Brushing Your Teeth and Gums:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
Flossing Between Your Teeth:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
Using Mouth Cleansers or Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. Raymond R. Niles, stop by Niles Dental at our office in Woodbridge, Virginia to book an appointment, or call us at 703.494.4101. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!